Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
Parishes of the Eastern American Diocese
 
Search by State:

District of Columbia, DC | Florida | Georgia | Maine | Massachusetts | New Jersey | New York | North Carolina | Ohio | Pennsylvania
| Virginia | West Virginia |


District of Columbia - D.C.

ST. LUKE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
10660 River Road
Potomac, MD 20854
Phone: 301-299-2704
FAX: 301-299-2706
www.svluka.org

Rev. Aleksa Micich
11933 Bambi Court
Gaitersburg, MD 20878
Telephone: 240-401-1546
FatherMicich@yahoo.com

BEGINNINGS... The Serbian Church-School Congregation in Washington D.C. was incorporated on May ll, 1961, and took St. Luke the Apostle and Evangelist as its Patron Saint. Through the offices of Archimandrite Dr. Firmilian and other members of the Serbian community, the Washington Cathedral of the Episcopalian Church put at the disposition of the new church a chapel in which services were held.

Florida

ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
15250 58th Street, N.
Clearwater, FL 33760
Telephone: 727-531-0052
www.stgeorgeclearwater.com

V. Rev. Dragan Zaric
 

BEGINNINGS...


ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
530 77th Avenue, N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
Telephone: 727-527-8738
www.stsavafl.org

V. Rev. Stephen Zaremba
8122 15th Way North
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
727-563-0390
frzaremba@stsavafl.org

BEGINNINGS...The Circle of Serbian Sisters, St. Petka, was organized in 1958. They held picnics and lunches in a private home in an attempt to raise money so that we could build a church. On May 6, 1962, Mr. Pekich, as well as others, decided to move on and organize a Church-School congregation. Mr. Pekich suggested that our parish have for its patron St. Sava. In 1963 six parcels of land were purchased where the future hall and church were to be built.


ST. KING MILUTIN SERBIAN ORTHODOX MISSION
9511 Joos Road
Jacksonville, FL 32220
904-738-9607
www.stkingmilutin.com

Rev. Stanislav Kravljaca
3818 Union Pacific Drive E.
Jacksonville, FL 32246

904-725-1423
fatherstanislav@yahoo.com


BEGINNINGS...This parish was established in 1999.


ST. SIMEON SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
175 NW 154th Street
North Miami, FL 33169
Telephone 305-944-6890

Very Rev. Svetozar Veselinovic
Sveto2@aol.com

BEGINNINGS... In 1978 a small group of dedicated and courageous people decided to establish a Serbian Orthodox Church in South Florida. After received blessing and permission from the then Bishop +CHRISTOPHER, a mission parish was formed.
In 1979, after much searching, a small home with ample property was purchased, and the following year a 20' x 40' structure was added. The mortgage on this property was paid in 1986.
Realizing that our current facility had served its purpose, it was decided to purchase the adjoining lot. As a result, we are now in the final stages of completion of a new Curch/hall and look forward to consecration in the fall.
We are most grateful to the founders, past board members, clergy and especially to all parishioners who have helped and supported in realizing the dream of those founders who are not with us today.


ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
PO Box 7912
8065 W Price Blvd
North Port, FL 34291
Telephone: 941-423-7282
www.stsava-northport.org

 

BEGINNINGS...


ST. PETKA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
1990 Lake Emma Road
Longwood, FL 32750
407-831-SERB (7372)
www.svetapetka.org

Rev. Ljubisa Brnjos
church address
Telephone: 407-302-8767
ljubisa_b@yahoo.com

Georgia

STS. PETER AND PAUL SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
PO Box 464233
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
www.atlantaserbs.com

Rev. Miladin Blagojevic
770-696-4921
mblagojevicb@yahoo.com

BEGINNINGS... October 2, 1993 is taken as the official day the Sts. Peter and Paul Mission of Atlanta, Georgia was
formed. It was on this day that a Vesper Service was organized with His Grace Bishop Mitrophan in attendance at the home of Pamela Collins. Pamela became the first president of the Church Board and soon after Fr. Nikodim Pribojan became the temporary administrator of the mission, visiting once a month from his parish in Orlando, Florida. On Christmas 1997, after months and months of preparation, this newly formed parish received their first full time priest, Fr. Milovan Katanic, who had just recently graduated from the St. Sava School of Theology in Libertyville, Illinois. At the end of 2001 they purchased an old bank building in Lilburn, GA, a suburn northeast of Atlanta, which today is the home of this young parish.

 

Maine

SYNAXIS OF SERBIAN SAINTS CHURCH
35 Adams Street
Biddeford, ME 04005

Rev. Ivan Marjanovic
15 Lincoln Street
Saco, ME 04072
207-571-9611
fatherivan@maine.rr.com

BEGINNINGS... Seventy five families were in the area in 1998 and was served by Father Aleksandar Vlajkovic from St. Sava Church of Boston. In September of 2004 the parish received their new priest Fr. Ivan.

Massachusetts
ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH

41 Alewife Brook Parkway
Cambridge, MA 02140
Phone/Fax: (617) 674-4035
www.stsavaboston.org

V. Rev. Aleksandar Vlajkovic

1050 Main Street
Melrose, MA 02176
FatherAco@comcast.net

BEGINNINGS... St. Sava Church of Boston (Wakefield, Ma.) The mission parish was established in 1972 and re-established in 1992. Fr. Aleksandar Vlajkovic was appointed in 1994 and the church building was purchased in 1995. New Church was purchased in 2005 and first Liturgy was celebrated on January 1st, of 2006. Church was consecrated on October 11th, 2009. Their Eminences Metropolitan Christopher of Metropolitanate of Libertyville and Chicago and Metropolitan Nikolaj of Dabar-Bosnia served in addition to the Diocesan Bishop His Grace Dr Mitrophan Kodic.

New Jersey

ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
654 South Broad Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
Telephone: 908-576-7905

www.stgeorgeelizabeth.org

Rev. Zoran Radovic
ozradovic_krka@yahoo.com

BEGINNINGS... In 1953 the Congregation was established with the blessings of the Diocese with Mr. Emil Gruich and Mr. Veljko Bajsanski serving as president and vice-president respectively. One of the first acts of the new congregation was to purchase the present church properties on South Broad Street in Elizabeth.


HOLY ASCENSION SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
117 Liberty Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
Telephone: 908-354-4134

V. Rev. Stavrophor Predrag Micic
908-425-3305
revpredrag@aol.com

 

BEGINNINGS...


ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
119 Carlisle Avenue
Paterson, NJ 07501
Telephone: 973-345-6848

Parish website: 

Rev. Vladislav Radujkovic
516 Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706
Telephone: 646-808-9554

crkvapaterson@gmail.com

CONNECT...
Website:  www.crkvapaterson.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrkvaPaterson

New York

ST. STEPHEN SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
177 Weber Road
Lackawanna, NY 14218
Telephone: 716-823-2846
www.saintstephenlackawanna.org

V. Rev. Stavr. Rastko Trbuhovich
FrRastko@SaintStephenLackawanna.org

BEGINNINGS... The St. Stephen Serbian Orthodox Church of Lackawanna, NY was founded in 1916 Orthodox Serbian immigrants from what was then Austria-Hungary who arrived in America at the beginning of the 20th century. The steel town community thrived at the old location on Church Street, in sight of the mills. In 1958 the new church was built at the present location. Over the years Serbian community has become quite diverse, and during the late 90¹s received over 100 refugee families from the former Yugoslavia. The liturgical languages in order of predominance are English, modern Serbian and Church Slavonic.
The mission of our church community is to bear witness to the Kingdom of God as transmitted through Sacred Scripture, the Apostles, the Ecumenical Councils and the Holy Fathers of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church of God; worship and glorify the Lord God in the Holy Trinity acording to the liturgical tradition of the Orthodox Church...and to be a spiritual home for all those who choose to dwell therein.


ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
15 W 25th Street
Mailing address:
20 W. 26th Street
New York, NY 10010
Telephone: 212-675-3730
www.stsavanyc.org

V. Rev. Djokan Majstorovic
protanyc@gmail.com

BEGINNINGS... A meeting was held at the home of Vido and Petrice Stajcich on May 6, 1937 which gave impetus to the establishment of the establishment of the parish. On March 20, 1940 the formal parish organization came into being. Title to the St. Sava Cathedral, a historic site, passed to the Serbian Orthodox Church from the Episcopalians in 1943. On June ll, 1944 the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of New York City was consecrated.

 

North Carolina

ST. BASIL OF OSTROG
SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH

270 Ogden School Road
Kernersville, NC 27284
Telephone: 336-992-1740

Rev. Dragoslav Kosic
6336 Mary Lee Way
High Point, NC 27265
336-869-4472
frkosic@gmail.com

BEGINNINGS...This parish was established in 1996


ST. SIMEON MYRRH-GUSHER
SERBIAN ORTHODOX MISSION

7609 Mallard Creek Road
Charlotte, NC 28262
704-597-5888

V. Rev. Dragan Zaric
 
otac_dragan@hotmail.com

BEGINNINGS...This parish was established in 1999.

Ohio
ST. ARCHANGEL MICHAEL SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
2552 Pickle Road
Akron, OH 44312
Telephone: 330-644-1571
www.starchangelmichaelakron.org

Rev. Milan Pajic
2550 Pickle Road
Akron, OH 44312
330-645-6040
 
Deacon Zeljko Jurisic
cell 330-573-2510

BEGINNINGS... First Church-School Congregation formed in 1916. First Board established 1917. Church consecrated in 1919.


ST. DEMETRIUS SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
3106 Ridgewood Road
Akron, OH 44313
Telephone: 330-666-7852

V. Rev. Djordje Mileusnic

200 Winchester Road
Fairlawn, OH 44333
330-836-5397

BEGINNINGS... 

ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
5830 Glenview Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45224
Telephone: 513-542-4452
www.stgeorgecinci.org

V. Rev. Petar Petrovic
513-681-2350
blagoslov@cinci.rr.com

BEGINNINGS... 

ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
4669 Applegrove St. NW
North Canton, OH 44720
Church Phone: 330-494-7888
Secretary: 330-494-2712

Rev. Aleksa Pavichevich
fatheraleksa@gmail.com

BEGINNINGS... The first sign of a church organization appeared when a group of sixteen gathered in the Peter Vukich home on November 5, 1948 and formed "The Serbian Church and Home of Canton, Ohio."
Church services were held in the St.George Romanian Orthodox Church, at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Building, Beldeon Avenue, NE, and also at the home of Mile Majestic.

CONNECT...
Website:  http://www.stgeorgenc.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stgeorgenorthcanton
Twitter: @stgeorgeNC


ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
6306 Broadview Road
Parma, OH 44134
Telephone: 216-749-1099
www.stsavacathedral.org

V. Rev. Zivojin Jakovljevic
church address
216-749-0064
frzivojin@cox.net

BEGINNINGS... The St. Sava Serbian Benevolent Society was the first Serbian organization founded in Cleveland on February 22, 1904 in a home on Hamilton Avenue with 32 charter members. Through their efforts, the first St.Sava Church-School Congregation was established and organized in 1909.


ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
2151 W Wallings Rd
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
Telephone: 440-237-7877
www.stsavachurch.org

Rev. Mijoljub Matic

2001 W Wallings Rd
Broadview Heights, OH 44147 
matic68@yahoo.com


BEGINNINGS...
 
 

ST. STEVAN OF DECHANI SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
1840 North Cassady Avenue
Columbus, OH 43219
Telephone: 614-475-0922
www.ststevanofdechani.org

Rev. Isak Kisin
2427 Oakthorpe Dr.
Hilliard, OH 43026
Telephone: 614-777-7692
isakkisin@yahoo.com

BEGINNINGS... In August of 1967, with the encouragement of our dear friend George Borato from Cleveland, His Grace Dr.Bishop Sava and Father Milkovich came to Columbus to meet with the determined handful. Seeing their determination and enthusiasm, His Grace Dr. Bishop Sava announced that he has "a man in mind", a priest who might be willing to serve the tiny new parish without remuneration. On September 9, 1967, Father Mateja Matejic arrived in Columbus to meet with these families, and on the following day, September 10, he celebrated the Divine Liturgy with them for the first time.


ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
3335 Grove Avenue
Lorain, OH 44055
Telephone: 440-277-1333

Temporary Administrator
Rev. Aleksa Pavichevich
fatheraleksa@gmail.com

BEGINNINGS...In the year 1921, Lorain Serbs organized "the Serb National Home and School." The primary organization, nurtured by "Sveti Nikola" Lodge members, developed in 1923 to be "the Church-School Community." Simo Pavlovich of Ponikve,(Gorski Kotar) was president. Immediately thereafter Serbian Orthodox Missionary clergy, with the faithful of Lorain area, held church services from time to time, as was possible.

CONNECT...
Website:  http://www.stgeorgelorain.orgFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/StGeorgeSerbianOrthodoxChurch
Twitter: @stgeorgelorain


HOLY RESURRECTION
SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH

530 North 4th Street
Steubenville, OH 43952
Telephone: 740-282-4463
www.hrsoc-steuben.org

V. Rev. Stavr. Rade Merick
137 North Avalon Drive
Wintersville, OH 43952
radmerk@comcast.net

BEGINNINGS... Holy Resurrection Serbian Eastern Orthodox Church was founded in Mingo Junction, Ohio in 1906 by Serbian Orthodox Christians who began to arrive in the Upper Ohio Valley in the 1890's. These immigrants felt a deep need for a place to worship Christ as they were accustomed, in a language they understood. They formed a congregation and purchased a church building in Mingo Junction. They adapted this building for Orthodox worship and it was consecrated in honor of the Resurrection of Christ with great joy in November of that year. The first priest of the parish was Rev. Fr. Sava Vojvodich.
In 1941 the old church was sold. Employment and housing patterns had changed, and Steubenville became a more central location for parishioners to attend church. Several lots were obtained on the southeast corner of North Fourth and Clinton Streets, and a former funeral home on the property was used as a parish home and chapel until World War II ended. With the end of the war plans progressed for the building of a new church. A design was settled on which evoked memories of a famous medieval Serbian Orthodox monastery called Visoki Decani in Kosovo and construction began in 1947. The white Indiana limestone structure was dedicated on June 6, 1948. Serving at the consecration was the great exiled Bishop of Zica, Dr. Nicholai (Velimirovich), who was glorified as a saint of the Orthodox Church in 2003.
In 1949 over 20 acres were purchased in neighboring Weirton, West Virginia to be developed for picnics. The Serbian Orthodox Picnic Grounds on King's Creek is now recognized as the finest facility of its type in the area.
In 1957 a new parish home and church kitchen facility was built next to the church, and in 1967 the Church's Steubenville facilities were completed with the building of a spacious two-story structure to house the church school classes, offices and a parish library.
Over 6 acres was purchased on Colliers Way in neighboring Weirton in 1987, near the Weirton Medical Center and ground was broken in 1996 for the $2 million Serbian-American Cultural Center. The Center includes an elegant ballroom for banquets and receptions, a large, attractive multi-purpose room for banquets, sports and other events. A lounge and other amenities can accommodate anything from small groups to over 1,000 people in the two main rooms, and has become the area's premier facility for meetings, receptions, shows and fine dining. One of its goals is to present the history and culture of the Serbian Orthodox people to the greater community.
Today Holy Resurrection Church serves about 300 families. Most parishioners are concentrated in Steubenville, Wintersville and Mingo Junction, Ohio and in nearby Weirton, West Virginia, but a good percentage of the parish resides throughout the tri-state area.
Parish organizations include two women's service groups (Sveta Petka Kolo of Steubenville-Mingo Junction and Vidovdan Kolo of Weirton), the Serbian Orthodox Men's Club, the 4 C-er's parents' group dedicated to helping the church school, the accomplished and widely-traveled Petar Krstich church choir long under the musical direction Slobodan Zelich, a junior choir, the Holy Resurrection Tamburitzans who perpetuate Serbian music and dance, a youth group, and an educational program for children and adults. The congregation also attempts to put its Christian faith into practice through humanitarian activities both locally and globally.


HOLY TRINITY SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
39 Laird Street
Youngstown, OH 44509
Telephone: 330-792-2022

vacant

BEGINNINGS... A small group met in 1924 and was granted a Charter from the State of Ohio to form a corporation. These people looked at various sites as possible locations for the Church, selecting a parcel of land between First and Second Streets. Very Reverend Nikodim Vanjushevich, the first Priest in Youngstown Parish, arrived in November 1926.


HOLY TRINITY SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
420 N Racoon Rd
Youngstown, OH 44515
Telephone: 330-799-0075

Rev. Dragan Goronjic
330-793-3610
goronjic@gmail.com


BEGINNINGS...
 
Pennsylvania

ST. ELIJAH SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
2200 Irwin Street
Aliquippa, PA 15001
Home/Office: 724-375-4074

www.saintelijahserbianorthodoxchurchaliquippa.com

V. Rev. Stavrofor Milan M. Krstic

Telephone: 724-643-1396
Mobile: 724-302-9236
Email: protamilan@yahoo.com

BEGINNINGS... Land purchased in 1909 for a church building was subsequently used for a cemetery. Three years later a church building was purchased from Presbyterians and moved to a new site. In 1913 a storm demolished the church. A new church was built the following year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mimbi4
To Read More About This Parish Click on the Links Below
 
History of St. Elijah 1914-39
History of St. Elijah 1914-39
St. Elijah Church History 1912-89
St. Elijah Church History 1912-89
The Holy Prophet Elijah
The Holy Prophet Elijah

ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
296 Old Route 21 Road
Carmichaels, PA 15320
Telephone: 724-966-7428
www.stgeorgeserbian.us

V. Rev. Dr. Rodney Torbic
stgeorge2@windstream.net

BEGINNINGS...A committee was organized to see the bishop of our diocese in Libertyville, Illinois in order to obtain a charter and grant permission to build an Orthodox church. Permission was granted by the bishop, and the plans for the church and cemetery was incorporated, April ll, 1951. The blessing of the ground for the new church and cemetery was held on October 28, 1951.


HOLY BISHOP NICHOLAI SERBIAN ORTHODOX MISSION
c/o 11170 Lay Road
Edinboro, PA 16412

V. Rev. Rastko Trbuhovich frrastko@adelphia.net
Rev. Milovan Katanic frmilovan@stgeorgehermitage.org
Temporary Administrators

BEGINNINGS...This parish was established in 2004.

ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
65 S. Keel Ridge Road
Hermitage, PA 16148
Telephone: 724-342-1198
www.stgeorgehermitage.org

Rev. Milovan Katanic
frmilovan@stgeorgehermitage.org

BEGINNINGS...A meeting was called for the Farrell Serbs on April 20, 1924 with the aim of building a new church. Jakov Raketich was elected first congregational president and Fr. Jeronim Vuksich of Youngwood, Pa became the Pastor. Things moved swiftly and the cornerstone for the church was laid on June 29, 1924. only five months later, on November 30, 1924, the new church was consecrated by, then, Archimandarite Mardarije as the celebrant.


ST. NICHOLAS SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
971-1001 St. Clair Road
Johnstown, PA 15905
Telephone: 814-255-1853
http://www.stnicholasjohnstown.com

Rev. Dragan Zaric

BEGINNINGS...The cornerstone was laid in May, 1906 upon two lots at 907-909 Broad Street (Cambria City) donated by Bozo Goisovich. On June 17, 1906 the cornerstone of our Church was consecrated by the Very Reverend Sava Vojnovich, Serbian Orthodox Pries from Pittsburgh and Father Jakov Odsich, Serbian Orthodox Priest from Steelton, Pennsylvania. We dedicated the Church in November, 1906. The icons were painted by professor Ivan Justin Meljnikov. The wood was carved by Mr. George Karadzich. The iconostas was completed in 1965. 

About the St. Petka Serbian Church in Johnstown...On September 22, 1935, a group of people met in the Slovenian Hall in Conemaugh and organzied a church. It was to be named St.Petka Serbian Orthodox Church. Mr. Michael Zdelar was the first church president and Mila Gojsovich the first treasurer. A church building was purchased from the Syrian Orthodox in Woodvale. St. Pekta was officially closed in October, 1985.

 


HOLY RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
120 East Weidman St.
Lebanon, PA 17046

Rev. Christopher Rocknage, Parish Priest
717-272-8132
chris.rocknage@gmail.com


ST. SAVA SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
901 Hartman Street
McKeesport, PA 15132
Telephone: 412-672-1872
www.stsavapa.org

V. Rev. Stavrophor Stevan Rocknage
frstevor@aol.com

BEGINNINGS... The Church of "St. Sava" is the first Serbian house of prayer built in the eastern United States. In 1900 the Serbian colony along with the Russians of McKeesport decided to buy a church building which could be transformed into an Orthodox Church. Father Vladimir Kalnev, a Russian Orthodox priest was elected as the first parish priest. Father Illja Komadina was sent and he took the position of the first Serbian Orthodox parish priest in 1902 and remained until his death in May, 1904.
As we enter the 21st Century, our parish continues to thrive and prosper under the leadership of our Fr. Stevan Rocknage ("Fr. Stevo"). Our parish is slowly growing and reaching out to the non-Orthodox in our communities. Our membership lists 280 families, 65 in our Church-school, with a number of infants and toddlers to make the future bright! As the Holy Spirit leads Fr. Stevo and us, we are renewed with a sense of purpose and re-dedication to those ideals that our forefathers brought from their native land to America: love of God, sacrifice for the good of one another, and freedom to live in peace.

 


ST. GEORGE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
30 Tenth Street
Midland, PA 15059
Telephone: 724-643-1396

www.stgeorgemidland.org

BEGINNINGS...The first attempt to organize a church in Midland was on November 27, 1927, when the Serbian School Organization was formed, which, unquestionably, was nucleus from which later was organized our first Church School Congregation. About 1930, the Reverend Paul Veljkov came to Midland, the first priest to reside in Midland, although for only a few months, but during his stay, the Serbian School group was re-organized at a meeting on December 7, 1930 into the first Church School Congregation, taking as its patron, the Martyr St. George.

 


ST. NICHOLAS SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
2110 Haymaker Road
Monroeville, PA 15146
www.stnicholasmonroeville.org

V. Rev. Stavrofor Dragoljub Malich
Telephone: 412-372-4454

stnicholasmonroeville@verizon.net

BEGINNINGS... The history of the St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church of Monroeville PA begins Fall, 1904. A group of pioneers met in a home of Theodore Uzelac on Watkins Avenue in Wilmerding. At this first meeting they agreed to adopt St. Nicholas as their Patron. They bought a wooden frame building from a Protestant group, adopted it to their needs and had their first Divine Liturgy celebrated in it on April 17, 1905.
The church was consecrated on May 22, 1905 by Holy Archbishop Tikhon of New York (Russian Orthodox Church). A two story auditorium was built in 1948 with Holy Bishop Nikolaj of Zhicha officiating the blessing of the corner stone. In the 1950's the upper auditorium was converted in the house of worship and the original church was used for classrooms. Thus the parish was twice blessed by Holy men St Tikhon and Holy Nikolaj. The present church, church hall and the parish house were built in 1971. In 2005 the parish will celebrate its 100th anniversary.


ST. NICHOLAS SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
506 Stahr Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027
Telephone: 215-782-8448
www.stnicholasphilly.com/

Rev. Milorad Orlic
215-258-1155

jandmil@aol.com

BEGINNINGS... St Nicholas parish in Philadelphia has been established 1950. The groundbreaking for the church building happened in late 1951 and Bishop Nikolai Velimirovich blessed the site of the ceremony. The church building was dedicated in 1952 and is located in downtown Philadelphia. Currently, the parish has about 250 households and about 40 full-right members. The parishioners participate in numerous activities, including Sunday school for children and the Circle of Serbian Sisters "Sv. Petka" (KSS). In addition, they contribute to various humanitarian actions in supporting Serbian orphans, disabled children and refugees.


HOLY TRINITY SERBIAN ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
450 Maxwell Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Telephone: 412-429-2064

Rev. Rajko Kosic
420 Glaids Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
rvsmk1@verizon.net

BEGINNINGS... A group of Serbs got together October 8, 1905, to organize a church, and on January 13, 1906, the St. George Serbian Eastern Orthodox Church was incorporated. A house at 123 South 25th Street was converted into the first Serbian Orthodox Church in Pittsburgh. A group of Serbs decided to form their own parish separate from St. George Serbian Orthodox Church. They incorporated on August 4, 1935, and the St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church came into being. On December 4, 1961, unity was finally achieved with the incorporation of the two churches into one Serbian Orthodox Church-School Congregation of Pittsburgh PA. On October 5, 1962, the amended decree was signed proclaiming that the name would be "Holy Trinity Serbian Eastern Orthodox Church-School Congregation of Pittsburgh, Pennylvania."


ST. NICHOLAS SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
601 South Harrisburg Street
Oberlin, PA 17113
Telephone: 717-939-0251
www.stnicholassteelton.com

V. Rev. Stavrofor Srboljub Jockovich
jocko1129@msn.com

BEGINNINGS... Through the efforts of Branko Pekich, a "Narodni Zbor" was called in the fall of 1902, when it was decided to organize a parish and set up a building committee for the purpose of erecting a church dedicated to Orthodoxy. By the fall of 1903, the church was completed. This was the third Serbian Orthodox Church organized and erected in the United States.


HOLY ASCENSION SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
24 North Third Street
Youngwood, PA 15697
Telephone: 724-527-2118

Rev. Milan Medakovic

BEGINNINGS... In 1912 the Serbian people of Youngwood gathered together and were inspired by the Holy Spirit to build a Serbian Orthodox Church which would express the faith and traditions of their ancestors to their new community. In 1913 the Church of the Holy Ascension of Our Lord was completed and the Serbian Orthodox Christians of Youngwood could sing praises to God's Holy Name in His new temple.

Virginia

NATIVITY OF THE MOST HOLY THEOTOKOS MISSION PARISH

Charlottesville, Virginia

BEGINNINGS.....This parish was established in September 2011



 
West Virginia

HOLY TRINITY SERBIAN ORTHODOX MISSION
408 Morgantown Street
Fairmont, WV 26554
http://www.stgeorgeserbian.us/mission/index.htm

V. Rev. Rodney Torbic, Administrator

BEGINNINGS... His Grace Bishop Dr. MITROPHAN officially established this mission in 2000. The first Hierachical Divine Liturgy was served on April 15, 2000.





  Powered by Orthodox Web Solutions

Home | Back | Print | Side